Announcing Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City II, LACMA’s Choice at ForYourArt at 6020 Wilshire Blvd.
ForYourArt at 6020 Wilshire Blvd
From 12pm Saturday, September 22 to 12pm Sunday, September 23
We are pleased to announce the second iteration of Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City, in celebration of the 24-hour screening of artist Christian Marclays The Clock, at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA).
During the screening, ForYourArt will host a simultaneous free 24-hour reception at their 6020 Wilshire Blvd. activity space, offering an edible exhibition of L.A.s signature donuts. Embracing the concept of both Marclays award-winning work and Los Angeless famous donut shops, ForYourArt will offer a selection of some of LACMAs favorite treats, presenting a new type of donut every two hours. Just as many of L.A.s donut shops serve their light and sweet snacks around the clock, ForYourArt at 6020 Wilshire Blvd. celebrates Marclays around the clock screening at LACMA.
For Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City II, LACMAs Choice, ForYourArt asked LACMAs employees to select their favorites. Selectors and donuts include:
– Michael Govan, CEO and Wallis Annenberg Director: Coconut Cake Donut, Bobs Coffee & Doughnuts
– Stephen St. Laurent, Director of Security: Chocolate Glazed Buttermilk, Tangs Donuts
– Amy Heibel, AVP, Technology & Digital Media: French Cruller, Randy’s Donuts
– Ellen Castruccio, Director of Membership Marketing: Blueberry Buttermilk Bar, Stans Donuts
– Scott Tennent, Director of Executive Communications: Crumb Donut, Bobs Coffee & Doughnuts
– Alex Capriotti, Marketing Manager: Rainbow Sprinkle Donut Holes, Bobs Coffee & Doughnuts
– Erin Wright, Director of Special Projects: Buttermilk Bar, Winchells Donut House
– Elvis Mitchell, Curator of Film Independent at LACMA: Buttermilk, Randys Donuts
– Franklin Sirmans, Terri and Michael Smooke Department Head and Curator of Contemporary Art: Traditional New Orleans Beignets, The Gumbo Pot
– Christine Y. Kim, Associate Curator of Contemporary Art: Choco Glazed with Rainbow Sprinkles, SKs Donuts & Croissant
– Miranda Carroll, Director of Communications: Green Tea Donut, Café Dulcé
– Lorraine Wild, Creative Director: Bearclaw, Bobs Coffee & Doughnuts
In addition to serving free donuts for guests migrating to and from LACMAs screening of The Clock at the Bing Theater, ForYourArt will offer information about the The Clock, including two newly commissioned essays on the work by art critics Andrew Berardini and Ed Schad.
Over 2,500 donuts were served at the first Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City, ForYourArts first activity at 6020 Wilshire Blvd. Donut selections were made by food writer and Top Chef Judge Krista Simmons.